MARIE-LINE MONTECOT was born on 6 February 1955 in the Tarn.
She discovered at a very young age the joys of drawing and painting. Her lure for dance drives her to movement. Fauvism very early illuminated her perception of colors and she discovered with the Dutch painters and J. Baptiste Chardin, the power of values and composition. The researches of American painters of the 70's guide her on the path of abstraction and creativity.
She holds a bachelor's degree in fine arts (Paris - 1976), she taught from 1978 to 1990 in various establishments in Angers (Lycée St Charles - Higher School of Social and Family Economy)
1991, the solitude of the workshop replaces the classes. After exploring many techniques including oil painting, she chose watercolor to pursue her research and start a personal artistic work. Watercolor, with its galloping waters, its elusive fluidity, its surprising transparencies, brings to it the spontaneity and the risk that it seeks in the experience of painting. The colors sing, the space is structured like an architecture that the watercolor comes to put in movement.
Since 1993, she runs watercolor workshops in Anjou as well as summer and overseas internships (Sri Lanka, China, Croatia). Since 2007 she has been a member of the Société Française de l'Aquarelle.
To date, she has participated in numerous trade shows in France, including:
- Water drawing and painting exhibition - Paris 2000 - 2002 - 2004 - 2006 - 2008 - 2009
- The Feuillade summers - St Laurent sur Gorre - 2004-2005- 2007,
- International Exhibition of the European Academy of Arts - (Gold Medal of Water Technology 1999),
- Spring Salon Lion's Club Anjou Val de Maine (1st painting prize 2004) 2005 to 2008,
- Festival of the watercolor, Brioude 2007-2009,
- Salon of Painting, Margency 2009 (95)
- National exhibition SFA Charenton le Pont 2009 (94),
- Golden Bridge 2008 "The Tavern to the Poets" Angers (49)
- 2002 – The Painter's Eye - Angers (49)
- 2003 – The rustling of a butterfly wing - Avrillé (49)
- 2006 – Eclectic - Angers (49)
- 2008 - Watercolors « un chemin de couleurs » - Feneu (49)
- Pratique des arts n° 42 (January - March 2002) - Colors in fusion
- Pratique des arts n° 50 (May - July 2003) - Fifty secrets of watercolor painters
- Pratique des arts n° 58 (September - November 2004) - Painting the heart of a rose in Watercolor
- « Peindre selon son cœur », A book of about sixty watercolors accompanied by texts written by the author, printed at 3000 copies, published on 28 August 2006.
- Pratique des arts Hors série n ° 10 special Aquarelle (April 2007) -At the rhythm of the color
- Artistes Magazine n°134 Juillet 2008 –Analysis of a work "Market in May"
- Pratique des Arts hors série, (December 2008) - The best of watercolor
- L’Art de l’Aquarelle n°3 (December 2009) - Mixing of East and West